Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fun Weekend at Camp Barakel!

I had a great weekend at Camp Barakel this past weekend.  Went with two great friends, Jamie and Vicki, for our 3rd annual yearly getaway.  Our previous getaway that we've gone to was not scheduled in Michigan this year, so we regrouped and did a Barakel ladies retreat instead.  A few pictures...




If you look very closely in that last picture, Jamie and Vicki are coming down those crazy zip-lines!  I was safely on the ground that time around.  It wasn't until later in the day that, sanity temporarily laid aside, I also braved the tower!


It was some very fun girl time and Barakel, as usual, was a place to be blessed!  I think our most unexpected blessing was a surprise friendship with another lady in our cabin who took us all on as adopted daughters!  Her name was Mary and she was so sweet and caring toward all of us.  It think she blessed us as much as we did her when we welcomed her into our group on and off through the weekend.  I'll post a picture with her if I can get it off of Jamie's phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment