Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday, April 6 - ON OUR WAY HOME!!!

We left Guangzhou late this afternoon and have now made it to Shangahi for the night.  We get only a short time to sleep and meet our guide at 6:40am to head to the airport.  Our flight was originally scheduled for 10am on Thursday, but we were told it was moved a bit earlier to 9:40am.  We will be on the plane around 14-15 hours I think, but humorously we will arrive in Detroit only a couple of hours later!

I don't have long because internet is not included at this hotel so I only paid for an hour.  (adoptive families beware of the extra charges at the Bund hotel in Shanghai!  They want to charge us for both internet and the extra bed for our daughter!!) 

To finish out the pattern I started at the beginning of our trip:

Things we are thankful for today....

1.  For all of the blog comments and emails that many of you have been sending.  I have been getting them all and they have been such an encouragement and a link back to home.  If I haven't replied, it's only because by the time I get finished with the blog at night I'm falling asleep every time!


2.  That in about 24 hours I get to hug Grace and Mary Emma!

3.  That we finally get to bring Lydia home!




I was thinking earlier that it would also be fun to list some things we are looking forward to in coming home.  There have been many many of these things we have mentioned in the past week or so and I really should have started writing them down.  But I bet I can think of a whole bunch of them just off the top of my head.  Here goes...


Things we are looking forward to in coming home....


1.  Hugging Grace and Mary Emma
2.  Seeing TingTing's face when she sees these people in person that she has been talking to in "the box" for two weeks on Skype!
3.  Our own bed
4.  Water from the faucet that is safe for drinking and won't make you sick
5.  Coffee how we like it
6.  Fresh fruits and vegetables
7.  Being able to hug my parents and say thank you for all they've done in the past three weeks!
8.  Did I mention our own bed?
9.  Not smelling sewer when we walk on the street
10.  Normal toilets including toilet paper
11.  grass
12.  driving a car
13.  Our comfy house
14.  Kroger
15.  Quick food options that are not either unhealthy fast food or unknown food specimens
16.  Brushing our teeth without bottled water
17.  Watching Lydia talk with and play with Grace and Mary Emma
18. The many meals in our freezer
19. Washing dishes in the kitchen instead of in the bathroom sink with boiled water
20.  Seeing everyone who is eagerly waiting for us to come home!


 One more quick thing before I max out my internet hour - 
This is the verse I started our trip with and I figure it's a good one to return to at the end....


"And behold, I am with thee, and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land: for I will not leave thee until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of."  Genesis 28:15


Thanking God for His faithfulness tonight!



and 

1 comment:

  1. As I type this - and provided I have my time zones right still - you are meeting your guide for your final leg home!

    There are many things I'd thank you for - but all of them revolve around you sharing this journey with us - it's been wonderful to 'be there' with you - and be reminded of all the experiences we now have in common - the same - but absolutely unique as well!

    Great joy for you here in Cincy - couldn't be any happier for you - welcome to the 'adoptive family' - good luck finding your 'new normal' - and until our paths cross - fair winds and following seas!

    hugs - aus and co.

    ReplyDelete