Wednesday, March 16, 2011

1 Day left! We leave tomorrow!



Well when I started this post, there was one day until we leave - now we are working on more like hours...Still going strong here tonight, but not if I sit down too long.  I have done soooo much today.  I really can't believe how much I have done in only one day.  And yet I look around my house and think - yikes!  Still not ready to leave! 

I love the quote below that Jim put in his post.  Although I have to laugh - "Tomorrow is a new day.  You will begin it serenely...."  ???????  Serenely?  I hardly think that will describe me tomorrow morning no matter how great of a mantra I get going!  Not unless of course I don't get any sleep tonight, and then I suppose serene is one way you could describe sleep deprived....

So now for a couple of quick pictures of what I've been finishing today.  Yes.  I said I was the only adoptive parent who didn't have their new child's room ready months in advance.  And yes.  I am definately the only adoptive parent who was finishing their child's room the DAY before leaving.  No kidding.  But at least it's done now and I can post pictures here of the progress.  And don't worry, the painting part wasn't today.  The today pictures are toward the bottom of the post with the clothing bins and the finished room!



Getting the painting going.  I'm painting over two walls.  Before, two walls were purple, and two were blue.  I am making one of the blue walls purple, and the other blue wall a creamy yellow.

I'm stuck!  What do I do next!?

 
Grace and I putting up the wall stickers


My awesome helper and our finished wall.  This little girl has been absolutely the best little sidekick EVER in the past couple of weeks!
And my littler helper was glad to set up the dollhouse for her little-sister-to-be!


Going through the clothing bins to take our best guess at which size might fit Lydia.



Some of our fun finds for Lydia.  So many things to pack!

My other trusty helper


And the finished room....still complete with trusty helper!



Well I am off for the night.  Not off to bed of course, just off of blogger.  Now I am off to finish everything I possibly can.



and


No comments:

Post a Comment