Thursday, March 10, 2011

5 days - The invisible creatures on my shoulders are battling for my mind!!!

Really down to the last minute things now!  Too bad the last minute things in my world are finishing setting up our new daughter's room, packing, and getting school ready for my girls for while we are gone!  Those just don't feel like last minute details to me - but yet those are the things I'm still working on.  Yikes, yikes, and yikes again!  The perfectionist devil on my shoulder says that I am the only adoptive parent in history who didn't have their new child's room perfectly set up months in advance!  The reasoning angel on my other shoulder reminds me that I do see progress every day so I should feel good about that and let go of details that don't matter.  I just hope the progress is fast enough to get through it all.  I'm trying to silence that annoying perfectionist devil and resign myself to the knowledge that I will never in a lifetime finish everything I might like done.  But that little perfectionist continues to poison my mind with the strong desire that every little detail in life be picture perfect before I leave!  Of course the quiet voice of the reasoning angel sitting on my other shoulder replies to the devil that every little detail in my life will never be picture perfect, trip or no trip, so to let it go and stop letting that little perfectionist steal my joy and peace!  And thus, the war of the perfectionist devil and the reasoning angel continues daily - sometimes moment by moment! 

I've been continually enjoying a song in the last few weeks, knowing that the closer travel got the more I would relate to this song in lots of humorous ways.  It's called, "This is the stuff" by Francesca Battistelli.  My stuff just happens to be sniffles and coughs, roller shades, filing, and piles everywhere!




No comments:

Post a Comment