Friday, March 4, 2011

More paperwork!


Today we got more information on our travel plans.  Not only did we get our travel itinerary, but we also got 14 emails from our coordinator with details and documents and forms!  More paperwork!  Much of it now is paperwork from the USA side of things to prepare for Qian Ting to become a US citizen when she returns home with us.  Let me tell you though, there are some bizarre forms in this stack of things we printed out.  Our favorite one is the "I-864W - Intending Immigrant's Affidavit of Support Exemption."  WHAT!!??  What does that even mean!?  Up to this point, in the four years of paperwork I've kept a lot of things straight and generally understood what it was we were filling out.  But at this point, I do believe I've completely lost track and I don't even know what some of these forms are for!  One friend of ours put it well when he asked Jim, "So is this the kind of thing you and Rachel do when you get bored - look for interesting and unusual government forms and try to decifer them?"  Well, if that's what we're doing, then yup!  We succeeded in finding an interesting and unusal one!

We still have many many things that need doing around here and I find myself tonight feeling too tired to want to do much of anything.  I hate when that happens.  This weekend is vital to our getting ready and I really hope that I can get some good sleep tonight and wake up ready to plow through a bunch of chores tomorrow.

Have to add one more thing.  I was reading something from another family's blog to Jim about their description of getting ready for travel.  It was funny because we could totally relate and it sounded like our life right now.  Then I read that at the time this family wrote their post they were leaving for China in 24 days....we leave in only 11!!  I looked at Jim very wide eyed and it was at that point that he said to me, "We should probably stop painting things...."


and  

No comments:

Post a Comment