Monday, March 14, 2011

Belssings, blessings, and more blessings...

Ok, I said I was signing off for tonight and going to get some things done.  But in the process of doing a chore (sifting through some piles on the kitchen counter), I opened for the first time the book that the ladies at our church put together for me filled with notes from them, Bible verses, poems, and other encouragements.  What a huge blessing this will be to have on our trip.  And how neat that they had the idea to put this together and had it in the works long before I sent an email to friends and family requesting encouraging Bible verses to take along on our trip.  Great minds think alike I guess - or God moves humble people in great ways!  To any of the HBC ladies who find this blog - THANK YOU so much!  This is filled with promises from God's Word, love from fellow Christians, encouragements for trying moments, promises of prayer, and otherwise reminders of truth.  How often our minds believe the lies of our enemy, especially when we are tired and stressed.  Those are the moments when we are so vulnerable to believe the lies of doubt and fear.  And once we believe those lies just a little, it's so easy for our human minds to forget the truths of which God has already assured us.  This little book is full of great reminders of truth and I'm so thankful to have it.  Another great blessing this week was on Thursday when my girls and I went to our Bible study group for the last time before our trip.  These ladies, too, were so genuinely interested in our journey and in our trip ahead.  They specifically prayed over me for safety, for bonding, and for Lydia as a precious child of God.  I'm so thankful for the fellowship the Lord has placed in my life this year, as He knew the timing of what was to come.

I'll close for real this time with one of the things in the book from the ladies at HBC.  And perhaps I will share some of these as we travel, as one or another stands out as an encouragement to me on a specific day.

Hand in Hand
She placed her hand in mine
Pudgy, tender, and small -
Expecting that the size of my hand
Might prevent a serious fall.

She yielded her life to my guidance -
Trusting, depending and sure,
That whatever the plight or danger
With me she would be secure.

The responsibility, O Lord, is frightening!
To have such a task so divine!
For assurance of the right direction,
Let me place my hand in Thine.

James C. Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment